Sunday, February 05, 2006

my first fever

Friday night in the middle of the night I came down with my first fever. Mama was always worried that I would have a fever and she would not be able to tell, but she knew right away. I woke up to nurse and was really warm. My temperature was almost 102. Mama and dada took off my pajamas and let me keep sleeping. They kept taking my temperature and it stayed the same. The next day I was happily playing even though I had a fever. I wasn't that interested in eating but I had lots of water and lots of num-nums and an extra nap. That night I got cranky so they gave me some tylenol and my fever dropped and I was happy again. But later that night and the next day my fever crept back up. I was still happily playing so mama and dada let me hang out with my fever and eventually it broke and now my temperature is normal.

My first fever also led to my first diarrhea but I will spare you the details. Dada was the lucky one who got to change my first ever diarrhea diaper. He was very thrilled, especially since I was in one of my cloth diapers so he got to clean it all up. Don't worry, I saved one for mama too.

Mama was worried because I am already on antibiotics for my ear infection and I already had a snotty nose and then I had a fever on top of it all! The good news is that my snotty nose seems to have gone away with my fever. What a weekend!

Love, Elijah

No comments: