Sunday, June 04, 2006

trip to the er

On Thursday I got to visit the emergency room for the very first time. It was naptime and I didn't want to sleep so I was happily playing in the living room when mama heard a thump and I started to cry. She found me face-down in front of the couch. She thinks I was walking toward the couch and tripped and fell and landed on my wrist funny. Dada thinks maybe I got it caught in the couch cushion on my way down. I will never tell. I wouldn't stop crying because it hurt and finally mama realized I was holding my hand funny, so she called dada and then the doctor and the doctor said to go to the er. So off we went, and I was only in my diaper and a t-shirt. Mama managed to remember to grab my shorts and shoes and socks to wear home. I cried almost all the way to the hospital. Then when we got there all of these mean people kept grabbing my arm even thought it hurt and I was crying. Dada came and when I saw him I immediately started crying again and held out my arms so that I could get a cuddle and some proper sympathy. Just when I fell asleep some mean people came and took x-rays and then other mean people put a splint on my arm because I have a fractured wrist. Then someone gave me some yucky-tasting medicine and by the time we left I was feeling pretty good so I was sure to wave bye-bye to everyone and give them nice smiles.

As soon as we got out to the car I had to have the phone. I had to call all my grandparents and tell them all about it. I am sure this is good for some sympathy points. On Monday I get a cast on that I will have to wear for a couple of weeks.

Love, Elijah


No comments: