On Monday we went to the doctor to get my cast. First they came in and took my splint off. I couldn't believe how great it felt to have my arm all naked again. I kept touching my arm with my other hand. It felt so funny. Then I played with the ace bandage, it was lots of fun because it stretches. Then I decided to take a nap, but wouldn't you know that is when the doctor decided to come look at my arm. The doctor started wrapping my arm all up in cloth and I didn't really know what was going on but I felt safe because I was on mama's lap. So I didn't complain or try to jerk my arm away. I just let them wrap it all up nicely. I chose a blue cast because that is the only color I know how to say. So I am sure to tell everyone that my cast is "boo." My cast goes all the way up past my elbow and I have to wear it for a month. I like it better than my splint because it doesn't hurt when I fall down on it now. In the x-ray you can see where my wrist is broken, it is the little bulge towards the top of the two long bones in my forearm. It is a compression fracture. Like I said, I will never tell how it happened!
No comments:
Post a Comment