A couple of days ago I was sitting at the computer playing my new winnie-the-pooh game when my elbow started hurting really bad. Mama and Dada could tell something was wrong by the way I was crying and holding my elbow, so off we went to the
hospital. Several hours later the doctor decided I probably had
nursemaid's elbow, a slight dislocation, and she popped it back into place. Within minutes I was pain-free and running around again. Too bad it took so long and so many people poking around at my arm. Then the next day I was playing my game again and I leaned on the table and lifted myself up and it happened again. So off we went to the hospital again. This time they didn't bother with an x-ray so we didn't have to wait as long. They popped it back in and I was happy again. This time they put it in a splint so that my ligaments could recover. We are going to the doctor soon to see if there is anything else we can do to keep it from happening again. I hope it doesn't happen again because it hurt really bad.
Love, Elijah




1 comment:
That's a familiar scene... we had our first trip to the ER with Ryley - she stuck a bead up her nose. Abby's been twice with asthma. It always amazes me how well kids tolerate that sort of thing!
Post a Comment