Tuesday, September 19, 2006

i love the park

In case I haven't mentioned it before, the park is my favoritist place on the planet. I ask to go to the park every day, usually many times a day. If you ask me where I am going I will respond "brah" with a very hopeful tone in my voice. There is no place better in the world to go than the park.

A couple of months ago I had a scary incident with one of those curly slides and ended up tumbling down the slide head over heels. I have not been too fond of them since. With a little coaxing from dada and pa I realized that it can be quite fun. I also learned that if you throw a ball up the slide it is really fun to watch it roll back down. I played this game over and over and over.

Yesterday when I went to the park everything was all wet because it had rained the day before. This made the park extra fun because there were lots of puddles to splash in. There were puddles on the cement and in the grass and on the sand volleyball court. I walked back and forth in them until my shoes and socks and pants were soaking wet. Then I went over to the sandbox and played in the puddles in the sandbox. Everytime my fingers got all muddy I would hold them out to mama and she would wipe them clean on a towel. I loved throwing the rocks in the puddle because it makes big splashes. Mama didn't have more shoes for me so I got to go barefoot to the grocery store. The lady at the door gave me a sticker and because my foot was bare I got to wear it on my foot where I could point at it the whole time we were there.

Love, Elijah


No comments: