Monday, March 20, 2006

mud puddle

The other day we were at the park and I found a mud puddle. It had rained the day before and so the ground was really muddy. I had never seen a mud puddle before and I found it fascinating. I held mama's hands because it was slippery and I stepped in the puddle, then out of the puddle, one foot, both feet, in, out, around, in, out, one foot, both feet. It was a ton of fun. I loved the way my shoes looked in the mud and it was so squishy and I loved the way it squished under my shoes. Then mama turned her back for a second and boom! I sat down in the mud. Mama managed to steer my attention away from the puddle before I found out what my fingers looked like in the mud. My shoes and socks and feet were all wet and since it was warm mama took my shoes and socks off and dried my feet off. Then I sat barefoot in my stroller and we went for a walk. I was so tired from playing in the mud and running all over the park that I fell asleep. It was a great day.

Love, Elijah


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

he looks so much like Sean in the last picture!!! :) ~ Ana

Laurel said...

I thought the same think as Ana!

Laurel said...

thing, not think... in previous comment

Unknown said...

Yup, people are always saying he looks like Sean!